What is the difference between a page layout and a lightning page
You will find that Lightning page layouts do not support the same elements as the ones in classic page layouts, for example: Expanded lookups. Lightning page layouts are specific to Lightning Experience, while standard page layouts are more “classic” oriented, but will display in LEX.
What is a page layout in Salesforce
Use page layouts to customize the content of record pages for your users, including which fields are visible, read-only, and required. page layouts control the layout and organization of buttons, fields, s-controls, Visualforce, custom links, and related lists on object record pages.
How do I create a page layout in Salesforce lightning
Create Page Layouts
- Click Object Manager and then choose Account from Setup.
- Click New after selecting the Page Layouts link.
- From the drop-down menu for Existing Page Layout, choose Account Layout.
- For the Page Layout Name field, enter Customer Account Layout.
- Press Save.
What is the difference between record type and page layout in Salesforce
While page layouts determine what is displayed on the page and record types distinguish between various user categories and user groups for object page customization, both are used in conjunction with one another to customize the views of various types of users.
How do you check page layout in lightning
The ability to open in Page Layout is still present, but it is now called Edit Page and is now found in the Setup (Gear icon) drop down menu, allowing us to quickly make adjustments and view changes.
What can you build with the Lightning App Builder
With the Lightning App Builder, you can build:
- apps that only have one page but drill down to standard pages.
- apps with a dashboard-like interface, like those that track the top leads or sales prospects for the quarter.
What are record types in Salesforce
You could create record types to differentiate your routine sales deals from your professional services engagements, offering different picklist values for each. Record types allow you to offer different business processes, picklist values, and page layouts to different users.
How do I edit Lightning record page
Customize the Lightning Record Page
- Go to a record page in the Admissions Connect app and click.
- Click the object name for the page you want to edit in Object Manager from Setup.
- Navigate to the Lightning App Builder page from Setup and select Edit from the menu that appears.
How do I change page layout in Salesforce
Customize the fields in Record pages by navigating to >> setup >> Object Manager >> selecting the object >> Page layout, then clicking on Edit. Drag and drop the necessary fields to the layout, as shown in the below image.
How do I use compact layout in Salesforce
Create Compact Layouts
- Select Compact Layouts from the management options for the object you want to edit.
- Make a new, compact layout and label it.
- Include up to 10 fields.
- Select the fields you want to order, then click Up or Down.
- Save the design.
What is the main difference between object specific actions and global actions
To see a custom, object-specific action on the page layout editors palette, choose Mobile & Lightning Actions from the list of element types. The main distinction between object-specific actions and global actions is that the former have automatic relationships while the latter do not.
Where do the fields and section from a page layout
Fields and sections can be found under the Details tab.
Where do the fields and sections from a page layout appear when you view a Lightning record page
Sections and fields appear under the Details tab when you add a report chart to a page layout, but it may take a few seconds for the chart to appear on Lightning record pages.
How do I use dynamic forms in Salesforce
You can start using Dynamic Forms in two ways.
- Drag and drop Field and Field Section components onto a custom object record page.
- Use the migration wizard to migrate the record details from an existing record page.
Where do the fields and sections from a page layout appear when you view a Lightning record page quizlet
When viewing a Lightning record page, the fields and sections from a page layout show up on a related list on an object record page.
How do I add a button to my detail page in Salesforce
In the original page layout editor, double-click the Detail Page Buttons item in the Button Section.
- Deselect the checkbox next to the buttons name to make any standard button invisible.
- Select the custom button from the list of available buttons, then click Add or Remove.
How do I change the highlights panel in Salesforce
Customize the Highlights Panel in Case Feed
- Go to Page Layouts in the cases object management settings.
- Click Case Feed Users Page Layouts.
- Until the, move your mouse cursor over the Highlights Panel.
- Click a box on the Highlights Panel Properties page to edit the fields there.
How do I create a custom link and button in Salesforce
Create a Custom Detail Page Button
- Click Object Manager, then click Account, from Setup.
- To create a new button or link, select Buttons, Links, and Actions.
- Give the map location button a name.
- Choosing the Detail Page button
- Click OK after clicking Save.
- Click Account Layout, then Page Layouts.